Last make for the year!
Burdastyle 10/2011 #128 – this image is of view A, though I made version B where the tie neck is not fully attached to the collar.
I don’t know why I feel compelled to apologize for the poor pics – it is my blog and I’ll do what I want 🙂
I’m trying not to be so hard on myself – I’m not as happy with the shirt as I should be(?) For whatever reason I end up being slightly disappointed with everything I’ve made so far. I have made huge leaps and bounds in my sewing! The shirt is definitely wearable, and next time I make it (and there will be a next time) it will even closer to perfection!
During the last few weeks I have been reflecting over how I want next year to be different. And that includes being more kind to myself 🙂 2017 will be my year of Self Compassion. Happy New Year!
I made size 36
Fitting/design changes made:
- Raised depth of the V by 4.5 cm in order to make it more work appropriate
- Shortened the sleeves by 3cm.
- Shortened the body length by folding it up twice and sewing a blind-hem by hand
Next time I would:
- make the neck band thinner
- lower/round out the neck
Some inspiration for next time